It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:14 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 6   [ 54 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Western War
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:02 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

http://www.flickr.com/groups/naposcivil ... 884186060/

I thought this was a good idea. All who are interested are welcome!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:41 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

This is very important and probably won't change too much. This is a preview for the rest of the story:

Taking place after the last chapters of TWW:

Dakota rebels against Britain. Chemical weapons are used for the first time in a war when Britain uses them against the rebels.

The CSA conquers Hawaii and other Pacific Islands, which will later rebel. CSA navy establishes base at Pearl Harbor.

Fighting intensifies between Britain, Colorado, Idaho, Deseret, and Dakota. Massive air battles are waged deep into Idaho territory.

Idaho capitulates.

Deseret government demands a last full measure of devotion in defense against the Coloradan invaders. General Simpson leads a massive offensive at Ogden, repelling the CRA once again. Angry Coloradan Republican Army generals meet him at the border. During a strafing by CRA aero plans, General Simpson's tank blows up, killing him. Mormon army retreats.

CSA marines put down uprising in Hawaii and other islands. They expand control deep into the Asian Pacific. Germany, Spain, and Holland panic and start buying up as much territory as possible. Confederate president Andrew Jackson Montague declares that all unconquered islands run by natives and not Europeans will be conquered by 1914. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Jackson_Montague

The Mormon army enlists all men and boys 13 to 65 in the army. If Britain doesn't step up and attack Colorado where it hurts, the end is near.

Dakota finally overthrows the British government. Colorado flag is raised in the capital. Colorado immediately annexes them. Colorado becomes as large as the United States and shares a border with them for the first time. The Union despises them and there are numerous threats made by both countries. A cold war unofficially starts.

Britain asks for a truce. On April 12th, 1911, the war between England and Colorado ends.

Deseret fights on for two months. The male population is decimated. On June 14th, 1911, the Western War ends. Colorado has gained Idaho, Dakota, what used to be Oregon but had been a part of Canada since the Great War, and a few pieces of Deseret. In the treaty, Colorado creates laws that will keep Deseret a backwater for decades.

Japan launches the invasion of Manchuria, 1912. The mighty Japanese army ravages the region.

February, 1912: The Japanese army proceeds with a march all the way down the coast of China, saluting Napoleon IV's troops on the French Vietnam border.

(essentially, Japan breaks up China, Korea, and Mongolia into protectorates...)

Russia declares war on Japan following the sinking of the Russian Imperial battleship Kutuzov. Japan... well, you can decide what happens next. ;)

Scandinavia signs an alliance with Colorado. Rebellion against the CSA plunges the Pacific into chaos. A group of islands start their own government known as the United Pacific Republic. The CSA vows to put them down, but the popular uprising pushes back the CSA army. The Imperial Japanese Navy answers the CSA's call for assistance and invades numerous islands. However, due to increased violence in the Russo-Japanese War, that is the only conquering they will do. The JIN is sent to the Kamchatka Peninsula and clashes with the Russian Imperial Navy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamchatka_Peninsula

1918: Future German prime minister Heinrich Himmler is born.
Skip the twenties for now; I haven't decided what will happen then, but no big wars, except for the uprisings in the Pacific. The uprisings end by 1925, and the South gridgingly admits independence for a large number of them. However, the CSA dreams of revenge. Hawaii remains their big Pacific base, always threatening the UPR.

1930'S the Depression never hits. Instead, Confederate stocks soar, making it the richest nation on earth. The USA economy is best it has been since the Great War. Germany and Austria-Hungary sign an agreement to become the Triple Monarchy. Austro-Prussia is born.

1942: German-backed Chile declares war on Argentina. Argentina's ally declares war on Chile, and Chile's ally Peru declares war on Brazil. The South American War starts. Heinrich Himmler is declared prime minister of Germany.

1946: Peru is completely devastated. Brazil takes complete control. Chile loses half of its landmass to Argentina. S. American ends.

1950: Coloradan president John Adams McEnroe demands Britain cede Montana to Colorado. Threatens military force if refused. Deseret, still getting back on its feet, begs for an alliance with the CSA. The CSA agrees.

1951: Colorado declares war on Britain. The world is in a state of shock as Scandinavia readies its army and navy at Greenland for an invasion of Canada. The Coloradan Republican Army Group 1 sweeps through Montana, stopping at the Montana-Canadian border. The Royal Army's tank divisions go on the offensive but Colorado holds. CRA Group 2 attacks what used to be Washington state.

Late 1951: Scandinavia invades northern Canada. Scandinavian planes bomb Scotland. In a surprising move, the USA signs an alliance with the CSA, California, France, England, and Deseret. Californian planes bomb Oregon. Autro-Prussia declares war on Britain and its allies. Russia, fearful of a repeat of the First Great War, stays out of it.

Phew! That' a lot! More to come...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:36 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Wow! I really like the way this is going. So, I understand that the huge war in ANV will turn out to be WWI.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:03 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Baylego wrote:
Wow! I really like the way this is going. So, I understand that the huge war in ANV will turn out to be WWI.

Yep, the Civil War is actually the First Great War (WWI)

Austro-Prussia is now Germania. B)

Germania invades the Netherlands. German fleet blockades Dutch South Africa and other colonies. Colonies surrender to the Germans early 1952. A German army from Egypt rips into British Africa.

Early 1952: Revolutionaries led by Fransisco Franco overthrow the Spanish monarchy. Spain invades Portugal and takes Lisbon by September. The Iberian Peninsula is now one country. All Portuguese colonies are turned over to Franco. The French Imperial army, acting upon orders from Napoleon V, attacks Spanish West Africa and fortifies the border with Egypt.

Cuba rebels against Franco. Provisional government established in Havana. Cuban government pleads with France for protection. French army lands in Guantanamo Bay. They never leave and Cuba becomes a French protectorate.

Bulgaria joins the Second Quadruple Alliance. Newspapers and TV news stations are starting to refer to the war as the "Second Great War."

Camps:

Allies: Great Britain, USA, CSA, France, Brazil, Argentina, California, Deseret, Ireland, Ethiopia, Belgium, Indo-Persia (British semi-colony), Greece

Quadruple Alliance: [Germania, Colorado, Scandinavian Empire, Kingdom of Italy, Republic of Spain], Arabia, Syria, Lebanon, Chile

The Scandinavian army captures Newfoundland and Labrador. US and British armed forces race to protect Quebec and Nova Scotia. Another Scandinavian army invades Nunavut, and freezing cold slows both armies, although the hearty Scandinavians do slightly better. Small segments of Saskatchewan fall to Colorado.

The United Pacific Republic, in a shocking move, bombs Pearl Harbor in a devastating surprise attack. CSA president Allan Shivers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Shivers vows that the CSA will destroy the UPR once and for all. The CSA fleet deploys from Baja and engages the UPR navy at Kiribati. The Confederate aircraft carrier Tampa is destroyed. The UPR destroyer Glory destroys the CSS battleship Mobile, before the CSS Jacksonville destroys it. The CSA invades Kiribati with a large number of marines.

The UPR and Colorado start an atomic research facility on an island off the coast of Antarctica.

More to come. Sorry if there are typos; I copied and pasted this from the Flickr discussion thread.

EDIT: Flag of Germania I whipped up:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:30 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

http://napoleonscivilwaralternatehistor ... ernwar.htm

HUGE addition! And I'm still writing more tonight! :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:38 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Go Ohio Infantry and UHLANS Horse Regiment!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:56 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Dirk_Nagel wrote:
Go Ohio Infantry and UHLANS Horse Regiment!! :D

Uhlans are awesome, aren't they? ;D

EDIT: New chapters! B) http://napoleonscivilwaralternatehistor ... ernwar.htm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:42 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Wow! Those poor redcoats have been through too many rebellions ;9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:57 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Baylego wrote:
Wow! Those poor redcoats have been through too many rebellions ;9

Yeah, even in real history, they've had more than you can shake a stick at. ;D

More chapters later today, maybe. :D

Psst! What I typed earlier about the Civil War being WWI was inaccurate. :} The Franco-Prussian War was WWI. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:22 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

There's so much to read! I love it... It gives me something to read at work and help keep me awake (3rd shift sucks...)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 6   [ 54 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next