Change font size
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:01 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Snow Soldier- The Longest Day Pt.2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:00 am 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

You put your finger on the trigger and aim for the first black figure you could see through all the smoke and rubble. You shoot and he collapses, one shot, one kill. Your now-instinctive training takes control as you quickly dispatch the first firing squad of 282's. Another wave of devastating Wings delay the battle for a short couple of moments, which to you seems like hours of anticipation. As you take cover, you reload and wipe off the snow on your helmet. Suddenly you see a group of 282's sprinting on top of the roof of building 2. They're snipers, and they have their aim on you. You fall back behind a big chunk of many of the various destroyed wall bits you and your squadmates are using as makeshift trenches and barriers. Have your sight on one of their heads, and pull the trigger repeatedly moving from one target to another, wounding or killing each hostile that shows up on your HUD. Another shot flies by and lands in the wall directly behind you.
You hear a large *THUNK* when it hits the wall.

Using your common sense, you duck so you can get a better inspection of what just hit the wall. A large metal spike glowing red hot lies protruding from the wall. Its a large one, about a foot long, with 5 inches sticking out. You realize that only one type of gun fires such a cruel round: The M86A2 Anti-Infantry Long Range Supression Rifle, illegal as of 2140, during the Rampart Rebellion. These could rip through our titanium armor and kill us in an instant, one of the few weapons able to do that to us 055's.

"I can't land a clear shot on those turrets with those snipers around!" yells Tiger over the comm.
"I got it! You're gonna have to go through a couple minutes without sniper support. They ain't going to have any soon enough..." Retorts Flea.
Leaning your gaze at Flea for an instance, you notice that he takes out his knife, looks over at you and the other squadmates, and, with his left hand, raises three fingers and points them at the snipers.

You look around, and don't see any hostiles attacking soon. "CLEAR!" Shouts Sunny over the comm.
Ignoring Sunny's signal, you scan with your HUD your surroundings, looking for any signs of danger. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Flea creeping up on the snipers, prone as to avoid detection.

He draws his pistol and his knife, the knife being his trademark weapon, and slings his arm around the first sniper, and has his left arm wrapped around the neck of the marksman, exposing the sniper's whole body vulnerable. In his right hand he raises his knife, blade underhand, and brutally stabs it into the chest of the soldier. Flea releases him, and with his left hand shoots two more surprised snipers through the head. He rushes towards the last grabbing the arm after the sniper strikes with his fist, and breaks it, twist and elbows his face, and the kicks him in the groin and stabs his exposed back.

"Area secure sir." Remarks Tiger over the comm. We depolarize our helmets, and give a quick look to each other to check if everyone's ok. As Flea sprint back from the snowy sniper hill, Sunny sets up a Contact Station near the wall he used as cover.

"I don't think this is the end of it, sir." You say to Flea.
"No, we got a long day ahead of us, lieutenant. Squad listen up. Sunny, you contact base reporting that 055 has made direct contact with hostile 282's during our scouting mission. Position codeword: "Cold Havens." Request permission to conduct OPERATION AVALANCHE. We got a lot of work to do."

Last edited by MangoPhett on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: S.S.D.D. Snow Soldier- The Longest Day Pt.2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:32 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

WOW...

Post subject: Re: S.S.D.D. Snow Soldier- The Longest Day Pt.2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:28 pm 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

Yeah it took me a while to finally get to this. I've been on other forums lately and forgot to continue this series. Later on I'll post more "The Longest Day" mini-stories when I have the time.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]