Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: We, The Survivors
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:38 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Oreo wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
Just finished the whole thing. The last chapters remind me of Hannibal: Rising in a very, very disturbing way. What is the catastrophe caused by, anyway? Is this literally, as in the Bible, Apocalypse? You know, with creepy gas coming up from you know where? This is quite creepy really.

Awesome job, man! :D

EDIT: The kid obviously has seen cannibalism... Is that Hannibal: Rising Scene #1 inspired? The style also reminds me of a movie I watched on SyFy last night: Mutant Chronicles.

Never heard of, much less seen Hannibal: Rising. Hell isn't physically underneath the earth. The catastrophe's cause will be revealed in due time. :9

Watch it. "Hannibal" as in "Hannibal Lecter." If you like scary, he was voted the #1 movie villain by the, I think, Amer. Film Assoc. He's a nut in WWII and after it, who kills former Nazis... and I won't go any further. Just watch it for yourself. I caught it on late at night on Spike... scared the hades outa me. Paul definitely reminds a little of him in the first couple scenes, before he becomes a bad guy.

I know Hell isn't there, but it's a popular tradition. :9

sentinal133 wrote:
Oreo wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
Just finished the whole thing. The last chapters remind me of Hannibal: Rising in a very, very disturbing way. What is the catastrophe caused by, anyway? Is this literally, as in the Bible, Apocalypse? You know, with creepy gas coming up from you know where? This is quite creepy really.

Awesome job, man! :D

EDIT: The kid obviously has seen cannibalism... Is that Hannibal: Rising Scene #1 inspired? The style also reminds me of a movie I watched on SyFy last night: Mutant Chronicles.

Never heard of, much less seen Hannibal: Rising. Hell isn't physically underneath the earth. The catastrophe's cause will be revealed in due time. :9

Stashes of peat underground in the area caught on fire and are releasing gas through the ground?

But it seems like the Chanters are ?zombie-i-fied? by the gas... I dunno, let's just see what happens.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:42 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Napoleon wrote:
But it seems like the Chanters are ?zombie-i-fied? by the gas... I dunno, let's just see what happens.

I think that they are perhaps praying to some kind of deity or lord that they think will keep them alive, and then they alter their bodies in a way that they think will please their deity. That sounds very similar to the Vong ( funny how we just talked about that :9 ).

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:52 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Baylego wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

I think that they are perhaps praying to some kind of deity or lord that they think will keep them alive, and then they alter their bodies in a way that they think will please their deity. That sounds very similar to the Vong ( funny how we just talked about that :9 ).

Nope. Y'all are wrong. Dead wrong. :9

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:07 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Oreo wrote:
Baylego wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

Nope. Y'all are wrong. Dead wrong. :9

Darn. :9 *awaits real answer*

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:22 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Days 387 and 390 thru 395 are now available!

Don't forget to check us out on Facebook!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:14 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Day 395 is now available!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:28 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Oreo wrote:
Day 395 is now available!

Yay! *reads intently*