Hikaro Takayama wrote:
I'll try to post something tomorrow....

Awesome! We're gonna get plowing through this epic once again. :D

Post subject: Re: Khopesh97-Napoleon-Oreo-Hikaro Story Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:10 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Awesome new chapter, Hikaro! :D

Could someone post a summary of the plot so far? I want to make sure I have everything right for my next additions.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:00 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

All right.

@,@

Yeah, we've stagnated. I think we've gotten in a little too over our heads. Know what I'm thinking? I think it may be a good idea to reboot, keep it simpler, have tons of maps from the start, and go in a chronological order starting with the apocalypse. The Nazi part would remain, but we'd take it more to a sci-fi level. Um, here's a something or other I whipped up to show the point of divergence from actual WWII:

Quote:
Albert Speer, after the Battle of Berlin

Albert Speer sprinted down the halls of the Wunderwaffe Research Facility (WRF), deep under the city of Berlin, flanked by two Waffen SS guards. It was April 30th, 1945, what was supposed to be the last day of the Second World War. Soviet troops, primarily under Marshal Georgy Zhukov, were closing in. However, Hitler was far from finished. This day would mark the end of the German leader's attempts to fight a typical war. The Wunderwaffen, the Wonder Weapons Speer had worked on so long, were about to change the course of the war. Now, the Allies would see the true might of the Reich.

Speer hustled down to a large black door and pounded hard with his leather-gloved fist.

A small man in a lab coat squinted out through large round glasses. A look of recognition came over his face. "Oh, Herr Speer! Heil!"

"Heil!" Speer returned the salute. "Now, I want the machines out there right now."

"But, Herr Speer, they are not ready yet! There are still many problems that need to be fixed!" The small man looked frustrated.

"Mein Himmel, do you think I care? The Reich is falling. Get those machines out there. Schnel!"

"Jawohl! Right away." The short scientist saluted again and beckoned for Speer and the SS men to follow him. He went over to an intercom and said, "Attention! Attention! All Wunderwaffen are to be scrambled immediately for the defense of the Reich. Make it schnappy! Zeig heil!"

Almost instantly, various huge metal doors opened up all over the brightly lighted bunker. Huge machines, almost like something out of a space opera serial, appeared, engines whirring loudly. They took a few steps on their giant metal legs and lined up in the middle of the building. It was time to strike.

The Hohenfriedberger March started blaring from a tinny sound system in the lead robot's cockpit. Each was painted gray and bore Nazi markings. On the sides read "Erste Wunderwaffe," "First Wonderweapon." Pilots cheering, the massive behemoths proceeded up a ramp. The ceiling opened, and out they went onto the field of battle. The first deployment of the Wunderwaffe had occurred. Next, new rifles were distributed to the German troops. The new guns were pinpoint accurate and had huge, strange magazines. The new fighting force charged out under covering fire from the walkers. The walkers sported guns verging on battleship cannons. Whatever they hit was going to die.

Speer grinned contentedly. "Prepare my personal walker. It's time for me to have my bit of fun."

The scientist nodded. "I already took it upon myself, mein herr! Right over here." The man led Speer over to a more brightly painted, heavily armed version of the ordinary walker. Speer and his two SS Guards boarded it and started the engines. Clanking noisily, it went out into Berlin.

Hours later...

The Soviet forces were in full retreat. None of the machines had been lost. The Reich would live to fight another day.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:46 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Actually, the only reason I've stalled is because I've been spending all my time the past two weeks either with my girlfriend or working on my Armored cruiser MOC, which doesn't leave much time for writing... I was planning on updating... I might do so tonight, since I'm kinda stalled on my LEGO project (waiting on parts), provided my mom doesn't hog up my computer all not shopping for books on Amazon.com....

BTW, here's the basic timeline:

Invasion of Normandy fails, WWII ends in stalemate.

1957-60, Germany conquers Russia.

1959-65, Germany attacks Great Britain and the US, nukes the US in what is known as "The War" Remaining Allied forces flee to Australia, and manage to liberate the Statue of Liberty from a German convoy in the process. Australia is one of the last remaining democratic states left.

1965-70: Final American Resistance is defeated by the Wehrmacht. It is also during this time that the Freischtaat Pensilfaani is set up, and begins quietly expanding.

1985-87: American Rebellion arises and is defeated. This is where Gunner Patterson and his wife enter the picture.

1988: Freischtaat completes its first Silbervogel orbital bomber as part of Operation Rabenstein. This one is housed in a concealed Silo in Peters Mountain, not far from Fort Indiantown Gap.

1990-2015: The remaining two Silbervogels are completed, one being housed in Cove Mountain (near border with Fulton County Felons), and the other near Hanover, PA.

During this time is also when, based on documents uncovered at Raven Rock, the Freischtaat begins searching for and finds "Trinity", the lost American Nuke and begins bringing it back to operational status.

2015: Gunner Patterson shows up in Spruce County, enables the Robertsons to defeat the Randalls. Shortly thereafter, Harry Robertson siezes power and begins expanding the clan holdings until they now control 4 counties (as of last story update). Freischtaat Pennsilfaani, with Trinity almost online and the Robertsons making their move, decides to initiate diplomacy with all local parties who might be friendly, as well as all international opposition leaders. The plan is that once the Perry County Prowlers and/or Harry Roberson is finished, and Trinity is online, they'll deliver an ultimatum to Adolph Hitler III and openly declare independence.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:00 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Yes! Thank you! I totally get it now. The only thing I need to know now is the precise location of the characters.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:33 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Well, here's an updated map:

Attachment:
OutcastChronicles_map.gif
OutcastChronicles_map.gif [ 40.74 KiB | Viewed 1270 times ]

The dashed red line indicates former Del Toro territory, and the lighter blue sections indicate the former outlaw gangs that have recently joined the free state... If you know of any additional counties that the Robertsons would have added in addition to those acquired through marriage to the McDowells and the other family, feel free to point them out.

As for the main characters: The Robertson exiles, Maj. Lautenslager, and 1LT Gunner Patterson are at Fort Indiantown Gap, preparing to invade Perry County... Liz Patterson, the governor, Ivan Stalin & leaders of various factions are in Harrisburg....

Erik von Blucher, Mc Coy, and the two kids are at Sumpfburg, trying to get NJ tribesmen to swear allegeince to the Freischtaat...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:09 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Danke! I'll try to get something up within the next two days. :D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 12 of 12   [ 117 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12