Change font size
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:31 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 4112 A.D.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:38 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I have decided not to post the rest of 4109 A.D. and give you guys my new stuff. ;) There's a bit of language in the later parts but, that's life. So... Here goes: The first chapter...

4112 A.D: A Risky existence

By *********** (You can't see my name)

Chapter 1: Hard living

Captain Dave Long walked carefully through the busy streets of the outskirts of the Tigerian city Firchaz. The Captain was currently wearing a long jacket and a facial covering hat. He and a group of others were sent here to eat away at the Tigerian Empire from the inside.

It had been three years since the start of the war with the Tigerians, and Earth had made big changes in tactics, weaponry, and alliances since then. For example, the Saturnians, who were Earth’s mortal enemies, now were very good and trustworthy allies.

Dave ducked into an alleyway as he saw a patrol of Tigerian droids march in his direction. He quickly checked his K-51 automatic pistol and primed it in one fluid motion. Dave pulled his hat down over his eyes and walked back out into the dark dreary atmosphere of Tigeria, the Tigerian’s home planet.

Basically, Tigeria was a hunk of space rock orbiting around a large dying star. The star had been “dying” for hundreds of years so no one thought about it.

Dave strolled casually by the Tigerian patrol and was ignored completely. He smiled broadly under the cover of his hat. Long headed towards the run down pub where he and his companions usually got drinks and swapped information.

Dave walked right up to the pub and sauntered in. The bar was full of shady looking characters from pirates to smugglers. Dave quickly spotted his old friend Rob Dickens, who was wearing a very badly tied facemask. He had known Rob since the beginning of the war, and they still worked in the same unit.

Dave slid into the chair opposite Rob, “Hello buddy. What’s goin’ on at the H.O.?” (H.O. was the shortened term that the American agents used for Hideout.)

Rob shrugged, “Nothin’ much except we captured another couple of Tigerian nobles. Oh, and Jake asked me te’ tell you te’ pick up more crackers, were out.”

Dave chuckled, “When are we never out of crackers with that glutton?”

Rob leaned back his chair, “Well, I certainly don’t eat ‘em. Now, what’ve you been doin’?”

It was Long’s turn to shrug, “I gave the slip to some police patrols.”

Rob snickered, “Well that’s an achievement. Anyone could cut it on these crappo Tigerian police tinnies.”

Dave nodded in agreement, “True my ageing friend. But still, they’ve gotten a tip from someone that Earth’s agents are in this city.”

Rob smiled, “The more gunshots, the more I like missions, my young snip of a friend. If there’s no risk, the job is boring. Pointless! I have no interest in taking gigs that don’t have a bit of bot-blasting.”

Dave nodded seriously, “Alright, I get your point Rob. Well I’m off, tell the guys I said hi.”

Rob saluted playfully, “Yessir!”

Dave walked out of the pub and headed for the grocery store. He had a couple extra things to pick up besides saltines.
Long walked in and chose a shopping cart, and headed towards the crackers. After he picked up four boxes of those, he went over to the meat aisle and selected some type of meat.

Dave looked at the Tigerian letters on the package, “What does this say, beef of Furcarpeck, or loin of Gurlind?”

Dave rolled his eyes and grumbled about his poor knowledge of the Tigerian language. He stuffed the package into his cart regardless of what it was and headed to the checkout. A slim teenage female Tigerian, (an actual living one) took his bags and waited while Dave rummaged through his wallet. He looked at the price on the cash register and dug deeper.

“Why can’t the Tigerian currency be on the top?” He grumbled rather loudly.

He got quite a few strange looks from other shoppers.

The cashier extended her hand and spoke in perfect English, “Need a little help sir?”

Dave took out his identity cards and gave her his wallet, mumbling his thanks.

The cashier looked at the price of Dave’s purchases and pulled out the money.

She pushed the bags towards him and pressed the change into his hand.

“Thanks kid.” Dave said quietly.

Just as he turned away the cashier tugged his sleeve, “Um, sir, are you sure you want this one?” She said, holding up the Furcarpeck/Gurlind package.

Dave looked at the parcel, “What is it?”

The girl looked at him quizzically.

“Uh, I’m new around here.” Dave mumbled.

She nodded, “Riiiight. Okay, this you have here is a fish of sorts that is out of date by two months.”

As Dave froze, the Tigerian girl laughed, “It’s okay, I’ll get you another one.”

She reached in her apron pocket and spoke in Tigerian into a microphone of sorts.

A moment later another cashier ran up puffing and dumped another parcel on the cash register.

The Tigerian girl nodded to him and handed Dave the package and his wallet, “Here you go! Thanks for shopping!”

“Welcome.” Dave answered as he walked out the grocery store. Why a supermarket would keep two month old parcels in stock was beyond him.

Post subject: Re: 4112 A.D.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:13 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Location: Deep underground, waiting for the return of Morgoth...
Love it! Hey since I'm new (and I'm sure a few others are) can you post a description of a Tigerian?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:19 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Well, I always imagined them looking sorta like Tigress in the Kung Fu Panda Movie.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:57 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Ah.... clever...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:16 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

How interesting! Very excited to see more...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:08 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I'll update this story every Wednesday.

Chapter 2: The Underground Agency

As Dave exited the store, it began to rain. Dave immediately put on his acid proof raincoat. For it rains acid on Tigeria instead of water.

Dave hurried along to the H.O. trying to avoid the acid puddles that had collected in the cracked and holed sidewalks.

He ran up to the building that he and his companions lived in, an old abandoned warehouse.

He knocked three times on the door and it opened promptly.

Dave greeted the man who had opened the door, “Hello Angus.”

Angus McGraw the Highlander was a happy fellow who had met Dave when the Americans had helped the British exterminate Tigerian presence in London, and the surrounding towns.

“Well now, if it isn’t Cap’s Dave Long come tae call! Coom in sar!”

Dave shrugged off his coats, revealing his robotic arm.
He had lost his right arm in the Battle of D.C. many years ago.

Dave chuckled and then walked towards the basement,

The basement was the main living area of the American agents and was well furnished with a TV, couches and video game consoles.

As Dave walked downstairs, Captain Jake Smith hailed him from the basement, “Hey Dave!”

The captain walked up to Jake, “Playin’ video games again?”

Smith looked up from his handheld device, “So?”

Dave sat on the couch next to him, “Nothing.”

He headed to the fridge. He selected a yogurt and a power drink of sorts and sat down to watch Jake play, Warfare 2: Flying led.

Dave spooned down his yogurt and quickly finished his drink. He dumped his dishes in the sink and flopped down on the couch.

Jake put his gaming device aside, “Alright, enough of video games. What’ve you been up to outside of our H.O?”

Dave gave Jake the same answer he gave Rob, “I dodged a couple Tigerian patrols.”

Jake rolled his eyes, “Anyone could give the slip to those bums.”

It was Dave’s turn to nod, “Agreed. I also had to ask a Tigerian cashier to help me with my purchases.”

Jake laughed, “You need to study up on your Tigerian language my friend. All I really care about is if that cashier took more than the necessary amount for the stuff you bought. I once had a shifty guy who slipped half the money from my wallet when I wasn’t lookin’. I never gave my wallet to anybody else again.”

Dave checked his wallet,” Thankfully, I still have most of my money. Oh, and how’s Kronos?”

Jake picked up his videos game again, “Kronos? Oh, he’s working out in the gym. As usual. Does that Paroxian ever take a break?”

“Dunno. Maybe. Well I’ll see ya around.”

Kronos was a Paroxian, one of the most physically advanced species of creatures ever known. They hailed from Saturn, and were very loyal, and deadly.

Dave watched Kronos do twenty chin-ups before calling to him, “Hey, Kronos! What’s up?”

The Paroxian stopped in mid chin-up, and dropped down.

“Hello, master Long, are you well?”

Dave nodded, “Yes I am thank you! You?”

Kronos shrugged, “Well enough.”

Dave saluted, “Very good. I will be over… There, talking to our resident Sniper, Julius, if you need me.”

Kronos nodded, “Very well Captain.”

Julius McCarthy was lifting huge barbells in a far corner. He kept going even as he greeted Dave, “Ah! Captain, it is good to see you!”

“It is nice to see you too Julius. Anythin’ new?”

The large man paused to think a moment, “Not that I can recall. Oh, besides they made Pluto a planet again.”

Dave kicked a barbell, “They did?”

Julius resumed his weight lifting, “Yes, they did because the Plutonians have some materials for making droid destroyer weapons.”

Droid destroyers were special bombs that defused any robotic invention within range. Unfortunately, the first bomb cost too much to build another, and the scientists who were working on it didn’t have enough materials to make another. But the threat forced the Tigerians to pull out of Earth.

Dave looked at Julius, “Really?”

Julius nodded, “Really.”

“Well that’s interesting news.” Dave said as he walked away, “I’ll be in the control room.”

McCarthy continued lifting his weights, “Goodbye Captain. See you at dinner. Did you get the meat?”

“I think so…” Dave said walking off.

Dave headed down into the basement where the majority of their agents worked.

He placed his hand against the security scanner and the door opened saying, “Welcome, Captain, comma, Dave, comma, Long.”

Dave rolled his eyes, “Yes, yes, Thank you.”

The door shut itself, “Your, comma, welcome.”

He sat down in his assigned chair and looked at his monitors. His job was to operate and maintain some of the H.O.’s defense weapons. Dave browsed over the systems and they all flashed green. Long stretched and fiddled with a loose button. It was coming off so he taped it to the console.

Another agent lifted his HUD visor and greeted Dave, “Hullo Cap’n.”

“Hi Dick!” Dave said reaching over to shake his hand,

“Nice to see you again!”

Dave thought he looked the same as ever, even his green dyed Mohawk hadn’t changed.

Sergeant Dick Ferrell nodded, “Same here Boss!”

Dave gave Ferrell a look, “I told you not to call me boss anymore.”

Dick shrugged, “Well, I’ve only been just sent here so I haven’t seen you in, well, two years. So it is possible that I could’ve forgotten that you hated that name.”

Dave returned his gaze to his console, “Well, I guess that’s an excuse.”

They continued working for some time when a Kalian (ironically named Kal), walked in and tapped Dave on the shoulder, “Sir, Kronos wants to see you. He’s in the garage.”

Dave got up from his chair, “Thanks Kal. I’ll go see Him.”

Dave entered the garage and found Kronos touching up a high speed Chase Cycle, where the rider must lay flat against the bike to drive it.

Kronos looked at Dave, “It’s time Long.”

Dave looked at the Paroxian quizzically, “Time? Time for what?”

Kronos pointed towards a covered vehicle, “Time to unleash our secret weapon, Project 15-56, Captain.”

Dave shook his head, “No, not yet. That will reveal our position to quickly.”

The Paroxian returned to his work saying, “They have already found us. The Tigerians are seen around here every day now. The police are preparing their units for the main assault against us, to wipe us out.”

Dave sat down on a broken transport truck, “How did they find us?”

Kronos answered, “Some sort of tip off from a civilian.”

Dave nodded, “Alright, we’ll make a deal, when the police finally make their move, we release Project 15-56. Agreed?”

The Paroxian extended his hand, “Agreed!”

They shook on it then went their separate ways.

Dave left the garage and went to his room. He and Jake shared a room because they were both Captains.
He changed into his black jumpsuit and headed back to the garage.

Kronos was still tuning the bike, “Back Captain?”

Dave nodded and picked up his helmet, “Yup. Since the Tiggers, (A nick-name for the Tigerians) have found us, I’m just gonna make ‘em itch to get us even more!”

The Paroxian got up, “Then I’m coming with you. I’m tired of sitting on my rear doing nothing!”

Dave smiled, “The more the merrier!”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:45 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Yes! Love the story! Post more! And soon!
I love that the Saturnian is named Kronos...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:02 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Thanks! I only have seven chapters so I'll post more every week. And then I'll post art and sketches on my story characters!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:25 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Okay, sounds good to me! (don't you dare to stop working on this)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:59 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Don't worry mat, that's not gonna happen anytime soon. ;9

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next